A natural solution for colic, constipation, and other gas-related problems, The Windi works instantly and does not require ingestion of any drops or medication. The Windi is a single-use catheter that helps babies get rid of excess gas. Designed to be safe and effective, The Windi cannot harm your baby if used as instructed. Most pediatric professionals are familiar with the method of using a rectal thermometer to relieve gas, colic, and constipation. The Windi is designed specifically for this purpose. The soft, pliable, hollow tube features a rounded tip that is long enough to reach past the muscle that prevents the release of the gas, and also has a stopper to prevent an insertion too far.
- Gently massage the child’s stomach with your hand in a downward motion towards the rectum. Massage one side of the belly at a time. Repeat three times on each side.
- Lift the child’s legs towards the head and carefully insert the catheter into the rectum (as if you were using a thermometer). Always use baby oil on the tip of the catheter to ease insertion. You will hear a “whistling” sound when the gas comes out and notice immediate relief in the child. Remove The Windi and dispose of it.
- It should only take a few seconds after inserting The Windi to achieve the desired effect. If it does not work immediately, repeat the procedure with massage and try again. Sometimes you need to repeat several times and in this case, the same catheter can be reused.
- Never leave The Windi in the rectum of the child!
- Always discard The Windi after you have finished the treatment to prevent infection. Reuse of the same Windi may pose a risk of infection
- Never use The Windi treatment more than three times per 24 hour period.
- Always use baby oil on the tip of The Windi.
- The Windi is not a toy – keep all parts out of reach of children.